Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Update on Me...

Hi ladies...just a quick post to let you know I haven't gone away again. Scared ya huh? Well you can't get rid of me that easy. hee,hee :_) Nope...my desktop computer is up to no good so I decided to buy just the box so I could get in on Windows 7 when it comes out October 22. You get the upgrade free!! I also couldn't pass up a sale on a new laptop. I know...2 PCs in one day...am I crazy?? Yep cuz I've spent the last 3 days figuring out Vista, and then reloading all the updates, programs, etc. I going to replace the hard drive in the old one and turn it into what they call a "storage pc"...kinda like a server. I will network them all together wirelessly, then store all the media (pics, videos, etc) on those hard drives. Hopefully then I will be able to access movies to watch on the boob toob without the typical DVD player or VHS. Believe it or not...laptop and pc box cost 2 x less than my first Packard Bell computer. What a deal!!!

I am working on a list...so no worries, it will be up hopefully tomorrow. Thanks for all the wonderful comments here and in my chat box. Keep'em coming!!


"It's not all about me..."

1 comment:

Dinphy said...

Wowzers! A new computer is always so much fun. Well, when it's all installed and working that is... ;)
But working with a clean setup, and faster running PC is great. Enjoy!

Your comment about the price made me think back long time. When buying a pc was a real investment. And my hubby -then boyfriend- didn't go for the amber or green monitor, no: He wantes the one with COLORS! (You know, a whopping 16 of them?) LOL!
We sure couldn't imagine about ever being able to do this digital scrapbooking then. ;)